Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Hidden My Game By Mom 3 continues the puzzle series’s offbeat charm

Two years ago, we were enthralled with Hidden My Game By Mom, a surreal puzzle game in which you play a boy looking for his missing Nintendo DS. The escape room-style game was filled with twists and turns, and each of its 30 short levels was filled with new surprises and endearing mistranslations. A simple, relatable concept driven by unpredictable gameplay, the game was one of the biggest hits for Hap Inc., a one-man studio created by Tokyo-based developer Yuusaku Ishimoto.

After another sequel, eventually the game made its way to the Nintendo Switch under the new name Mom Hid My Game! “The original title was what I got when I relied on Google Translate,” Ishimoto explained via email. “When going through another company for the...

Continue reading…

Disqus Comments