Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Blue brings out a baby Yeti for aspiring podcasters and image-conscious YouTubers

<em>Blue Yeti and Blue Yeti Nano.</em>

For months, I’ve been asking Verge audio maestro Andrew Marino for his recommendation of the best podcasting microphone, and he keeps telling me the Blue Yeti I already have offers the best quality. But the Yeti is a cumbersome beast (see what I did there?): it’s tall and heavy and I can’t keep its cable plugged it when I pivot it down for storage. That cable happens to be extra long and also uses the ancient Mini USB connector, so I always have to have it bulking out the Yeti’s already considerable frame. Most of these woes are now being corrected by Blue, as the company has just announced a new Yeti Nano that’s roughly half the size of the original, and costs a more affordable $99.

Blue claims it has kept the same studio-quality sound...

Continue reading…

Disqus Comments